Thursday, February 3, 2011

Define Godly - 15 Scriptures That Define Godly

"Please help me God understand how to live Godly. I want to live a Godly life, but I do not know exactly how. Please define Godly for me. Make it clear and plain so I can follow. Thank you God, In Jesus Name. Amen"
This is the prayer I say often these days. Looking for true understanding and revelation of God. I desire to seek God, as we all should. In my search to understand my role in God's kingdom the answer is always, Read God's Word. Read the Bible for understanding.
Several years ago, my Pastor showed me how to study the Bible, by using a concordance.  A concordance is a biblical dictionary. It lists every word in the Bible along with corresponding scriptures. In addition, it contains Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Sure enough when I open Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible to Godly, I see several scriptures listed; specifically a total of fifteen.

Scriptures That Define Godly

Psalm 4:3 2 Corinthians 7:9 2 Timothy 3:12
Psalm 12:1 2 Corinthians 7:10 Titus 2:12
Psalm 32:6 2 Corinthians 7:11 Hebrews 12:28
Malachi 2:15 2 Corinthians 11:2 2 Peter 2:9
Corinthians 1:12 1 Timothy 1:4 3 John 6


The first scripture we will discuss to define Godly is Psalm 4. I encourage you to read Psalm 4 before reading the next post.

I encourage you to leave comments and questions. Hopefully, we can learn to live a Godly life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment